|Neff Mountain Yurt|
A couple of area winter guides have already published, including the NewMexican's Winterlife Magazine insert which came out three weeks back and November's winter layout in New Mexico Magazine. I mention these two specifically because I had a few quotes published which duly impressed my in-laws.
Whitney Dreier covers the snowshoeing and winter sport opportunities in northern New Mexico, noting the Chama Chile Ski Classic and the Mt Taylor Quadrathlon as the highlights of the winter calendar. Daniel Gibson writes about the growing network of in-state backcountry yurts. He profiles the Southwest Nordic hut system in Chama and Taos noting that rarely are the winter backcountry visits dangerous or do parties encounter epics due to weather. This made us laugh. But without the occasional turn of adversity what kind of stories are you going to tell at the next get together? Boring ones, and who wants that?
|Fresh snow on Cumbres Pass|
- Daniel Gibson writes a regular winter column in the SFNM Outdoors section - worth a follow
- Whitney Dreier is an associate online editor at Outside, wrtiting about running & skiing - worth a follow
- Enchanted Forest XC almost always has updates and upcoming events - worth a follow.
- Enchanted Forest XC Ski Trails
- Neff Mountain Yurt - Chama
- Bull of the Woods Yurt - Taos