|SFCT and the Trails Alliance - Since 1993|
The two organizations that (far and away) provide the most improvements and volunteer days on our trails are The Santa Fe Trails Alliance (the volunteer arm of the Santa Fe Conservation Trust), and The Santa Fe Fat Tire Society. Both terrific groups that could use a Saturday of your time as well as your financial support. In a joint effort this summer, these two groups along with the Santa Fe National Forest installed at least five new bridges along the Winsor Creek. If you've used a trail in the Santa Fe area over the last 20 years, The Conservation Trust is who you want to give thanks and appreciation.
|SFFTS - Since 2011|
The Santa Fe Watershed Association has taken an active role in beautifying the Santa Fe River and in turn the Santa Fe River Trail which now includes several miles of trail with more planned for next year.
The Southwest Nordic Ski Club is the engine that powers nordic skiing opportunities in the state. Most of their work goes into grooming and maintaining the track up at Pajarito. They also promote and help organize large events including the Chama Chile Ski Classic, the Mt. Taylor Quad, and various events at Enchanted Forest.
Most (All??) of these organizations are setup to accept funds electronically via the links below. I'm certain they accept checks by mail or in person too. Give them a boost and do your part to support the outdoors in Santa Fe and northern New Mexico:
- Santa Fe Girls on the Run
- Santa Fe Trails Alliance and the Santa Fe Conservation Trust
(also supported by the Banff Film Festival; La Tierra Torture, XTERRA Glorieta, 2nd Street Brewery)
- Santa Fe Fat Tire Society (via membership)
- WINGS of America
- Santa Fe Watershed Association (manages the SF River Greenway)
- Southwest Nordic Ski Club (nordic ski trails in Los Alamos)
- The Santa Fe Striders (via the button below)
- Drink Beer - Support Local Trails (and the SFCT)
- Local Trail Improvement Updates - New Tab!
- Trail Improvements to Winsor and Galisteo Basin