Update: Santa Fe area finishers included, first time marathoner Amanda Cola running 2nd overall in a time of 3:24:53; Maryann Kos finished 4th overall in 3:26:46; Vin Kelley ran 3:16:35 despite a major spill at Big Tesuque two weeks prior; Tony Gallegos ran 3:22:37; Vince Hesch ran to a PR of 3:22:43 - bold running sir; Jacob Waltz ran 3:29:33 in his premier at the distance; Chris Chavez completed his 27th consecutive Duke City Marathon in 3:31:16; Ted Freedman was an age group winner in the half-marathon in 1:35:27; Tracy Kneisler ran to a PR in 1:56:19 (8th AG); and Julia Kinney crossed in 1:57:07 (5th AG).
- Monday 10/18 is the first day for qualifiers to sign up for the 2011 Boston Marathon. The 2009 race filled up in January, one of the first times the April race had ever filled up. Last year's race filled up in November. I'm thinking this year's event will be full in
Sangre de Cristo Mountain Sports is sponsoring a North Face speaker series event with Norwegian skiier/basejumper Karina Hollekim, Wed. 10/27, 7pm at the SF Armory for the Arts. Tickets are either free, $8, or $20 for the reception.
- The Santa Fe Film Festival is happening this week around town, one featured film that caught my eye, The Athlete, is about the life of Olympic marathon champ Abebe Bikila. Showing will be Sat. morning 10/23, 10am at the CCA.
- Over at the Second St. Brewery they've got Oktoberfest special brews on tap (Altbier, Schwarzbier, and Oktoberfest Lager), as well as other German themed specials throughout the month.
- Lastly, we haven't had much snow just yet, but I hear the Santa Fe Ski Swap is tentatively set for Nov 12-14th at the Genoveva Chavez Center. Discounted Ski Santa Fe season passes are available until Nov. 15th.
- Chicago Marathon - Local Results
- Athens and NYC Marathons
- Duke City Marathon Race Report - SF Trail Runner
- Duke City Race Report - Brian Pilgrim (Abq)
View Duke City Marathon - Albuquerque, NM in a larger map