|Aspen Vista Trail Oct 13, 2014 - courtesy of NM Bike N Sport|
Accumulation was not obvious from lower elevations other than early morning views of Santa Fe Baldy. As always, the excitement of first winter marks the abrupt end for peak aspen colors. As such, the bad tempers the good, or good tempers good if you're a snow-hound.
We've been making note of the first fall for the last few years. In some cases I've noted the first fall in town rather than at 12,000 feet. If you're mobile it's all the same - pre-winter has made its mark. One added mark that parallels the snow gauges - HDD notched its four year anniversary on Oct. 1.
- Santa Fe's First Snow 2013 - Oct. 12th
- Santa Fe's First Snow 2012 - Nov. 16th
- Santa Fe's First Snow 2011 - Sep. 10th
- Santa Fe's First Snow 2010 - Nov. 10th
- High Desert Dirt Turns Three