|Aspen Vista Trail - Sun. Nov 6 |
courtesy Eric Peters
We've tracked the mountains' first snow fall each year back to 2010. This year's snow fell in the high-country on Sat. and Sun. of our last weather event (Nov 5th and 6th). From the many images of folks up running, biking, and skiing it looked like accumulations of up to 6"- 8"
The date of this year's first snow is on the later end of our trend the last seven years. Weather reports are predicting a dry El Nino winter and my hope is that these calls are based in nonsense and professional incompetence.
Moar snow plz.
- Santa Fe's First Snow 2015 - Oct. 21st
- SFe's First Snow 2014 - Oct. 21st
- SFe's First Snow 2013 - Oct. 12th
- SFe's First Snow 2012 - Nov. 16th
- SFe's First Snow 2011 - Sep. 10th
- SFe's First Snow 2010 - Nov. 10th