Tuesday, July 3, 2012

On the Other Side of the Lens - Cycling in Santa Fe

One day after posting a series of time-lapse photos of the Arroyo Chamisos Trail Underpass, the new bikeway was opened to the public. One week later I was caught on film by a Journal photographer as I was passing through the tunnel during the lunch hour. Showed up on the front page of the Journal North the very next day (Fri. June 29th). A bit of an odd karmic circle in some ways.

arroyo chamiso trail
Great image of the new underpass - plus myself. Reliefs on the wall mimic a flowing river. The east entrance in the distance, the receding light fixtures frame perspective, and me-plus-bike illuminated by the skylight at mid-tunnel.  
photo by: Eddie Moore for the Abq Journal

My mom saw this photo while reading the paper and was alarmed that I bike in my work clothes. She was very relieved however that I bike with my helmet. After hearing this from her I'm fairly certain that she doesn't frequent anything I post on this blog which is probably a good thing.





View Gail Ryba Trail - Santa Fe, NM in a larger map



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...